- Battery management correction
After the update the system version will be the following (Settings -> About tablet):
Android version: 4.0.3
Kernel version: 3.0.8+
Build number: pw08-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20130125 test keys
Throughout the update procedure, don't turn off the device, don't disconnect the charger, and don't remove the microSD card from the device.
- Please download the "PhoenixCardV306_ICS.zip" and "xTAB-50_ICSv2.zip" compressed files to a desktop PC or laptop.
Hash for the "PhoenixCardV306_ICS.zip" file: MD5 hash: 936e65055b18d99a060dda546778b921
Hash for the "xTAB-50_ICSv2.zip" file: MD5 hash: 2922e2f090031dd5ac690e1e28b85b1c
- Create a temporary folder on the PC, and uncompress the downloaded .zip files into that folder.
- Connect an empty microSD card to the PC.
- Run Setup.exe to install updating card creator application. After installation you will find shortcut to PhoenixCard application on Desktop. Start the application. If you use a memory card reader device which supports multiple cards at the same time, the following message may appear in the application:
"Find X device, Please select correct the one."where X is larger than one.
In this case, please use the device manager to disable those drives which are not associated with the microSD card. After that, the following
"Device OK, the size of the device is xxxx M."message will appear.
- Select the drive letter of the microSD card from the drop down list.
- Click on the "DiskCheck" button.
- Click on the "Img File" button, then select the downloaded and uncompressed "xTAB-50_ICS.img" file.
- Click on the "Burn" button. Wait until you see the
- Click on the "Exit" button to close the application.
- Remove the microSD card from the PC with safe removal.
- Turn off the xTAB-50 GPS device. Insert the microSD card into the device.
- Connect the AC charger to the xTAB-50 GPS device. The software update will start automatically.
- The update procedure will be finished when the progress bar reaches it's full state and the device turns itself off. The update process is indicated with sound effect as well.
- You can remove the microSD card. Please turn on the device after the successful update.
(It's recommended to format the microSD card with PhoenixCard application, using "Format to Normal" function after the update. So further software updates won't be started by accident.)
There are applications those need more storage space than device have in inner memory. In these cases using memory card and changing default pathes can be the solution. For the modification follow steps as described here: